Northern Kentucky & Statewide Representation
For Truck & Semi Accident Injuries
Truck drivers often go extended periods time driving without much needed breaks in order to make quotas and reach delivery destinations. While regulations limit the number of consecutive hours they can spend on the road, these regulations often go ignored.
The greed and the demand on trucking companies to deliver goods and the deregulation of the trucking industry have led to an increase in semi-trailer trucking accidents, with some truckers driving for over 24 hours non-stop.
When you take into consideration the size, weight and speed of the truck, coupled with what is in many cases an unfocused, inattentive, fatigued driver, the 80,000 pound truck becomes a deadly force. In fact, fatigue is the number one cause of heavy truck crashes.
If You or Loved Ones Have Been Injured in a Truck or Semi Accident and need help, Call Mike at 859 581 MIKE (6453)...or send us a quick e-mail below
As a truck driver falls in and out of sleep, he or she puts you and your loves ones in serious danger. Through diligent investigation, our law firm has learned exactly what logbooks and other evidence to request from the trucking companies in order to assist you with your case .
Drivers face daily danger when they share the highways with 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers and other large trucks. When an 18-wheeler truck collides with a passenger vehicle, serious injury or death is likely to occur. In many cases, you are fortunate to have survived a tractor-trailer accident.
If you have been involved in a trucking accident, then you are aware that it can be a life-altering event.
Check out these eye opening facts on big truck accidents.
- Each year in the U.S. there are more than 400,000 accidents involving large trucks including commercial box trucks and tractor-trailers, such as 18-wheelers and semi-trucks.
- In 2004 and 2005, more than 5,000 big truck accidents resulted in deaths. In 2005 alone, 3,920 fatalities occurred in accidents involving combination unit trucks. That's an average of ten fatalities daily resulting from 18-wheeler truck accidents.
- Nearly 150,000 people are injured in trucking accidents annually.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, in two-vehicle accidents involving automobiles and large trucks, 98% of the fatalities were occupants of the passenger vehicle.
- People are killed in large truck accidents at a rate of 14 fatalities a day; that is the equivalent of 26 major airplane crashes every year.
- An 80,000 truck is capable of doing as much damage as 9,600 cars.
- The average cost per large truck crash involving a fatality exceeded $3 million. The cost related to human life and injury is immeasurable.
Steps you should take following a truck accident (The Bouldin Law Firm will assist you in every way possible to do all of the following)
- First and foremost, as with any accident, you should find a safe area and call assistance for any injured citizens.
- Get a copy of the accident report to identify witnesses (get the names, addresses and phone numbers of as many witnesses as possible)
- Get the name of the owner of the truck and all insurance information.
- Get the name of the driver and any other occupants of the tractor trailer.
- Get copies of all records relating to the maintenance of the tractor trailer as well as the driver's log.
- If you can, take photos of the scene if you have a camera as part of your cell phone.
So, if you have suffered injury or the injury or death of a loved one as a result of an 18-wheeler accident, you need to speak with an experienced attorney who understands the magnitude of your case and has the ability to properly investigate and move forward with your claim.
It is vital that you contact us immediately following your accident because the trucking companies and their insurance carriers frequently send investigators, adjusters and experts to the scene to gather evidence to avoid liability and avoid paying the money that you deserve.
You and your loves ones are mindful to abide by the regulations of the roadways and remain safe. Don't suffer due to someone else's irresponsibility. So, please Contact The Bouldin Law Firm today at 859 581 MIKE (6453) or use the contact form located above on the right. If you or a family member has been injured in a Northern Kentucky Truck or Semi Accident, we will make the high-profit trucking companies pay for the damage that you and your family have been forced to endure.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Covington. Our staff consists of one attorney, a paralegal/law clerk and a secretary. We deal with people in a comfortable environment that ensures individual attention.
Call today 859 581 MIKE (6453) today for a FREE Consultation or to to schedule an appointment.
There is absolutely no charge for the initial consultation in a personal injury case.
For your convenience, we accept Visa and MasterCard for any Legal services.
Northern Kentucky Personal Injury Attorney, Michael W. Bouldin, proudly serves Northern Kentucky, including Boone, Kenton and Campbell Counties, Kentucky which includes the Cites of Alexandria, Ft. Thomas, Newport, Independence, Fort Mitchell, Fort Wright, Crestview Hills, Crescent Springs, Erlanger, Lakeside Park, Villa Hills, Edgewood, Florence, Hebron, Burlington, and Covington.
He also serves the residents of Hamilton, Clermont and Warren Counties in Ohio.
Call 859 581 MIKE (6453)
Solo Practitioner since 1994.