Legal Definitions for Personal Injury in
Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati Ohio
Personal injury is an area of law designed to protect individuals harmed by the negligence, recklessness, malpractice, or inaction of others.
Personal injury law takes in a full range of legal claims, from wrongful death, auto accidents, and medical malpractice, to defective drugs, product liability and slip and fall injuries. The victim of another party's negligence may file a personal injury claim for physical injury, emotional distress, and in certain instances, for property damages.
Contact Us For Help
Or Call Mike at 859 581 6453 (MIKE)
And, in some cases, such as those involving medical malpractice or wrongful death, the family of the injured or deceased can file suit on behalf of their family member.
Individuals that file claims may be entitled to a recovery - namely financial compensation for their personal injury, loss of income, permanent disability, and other resulting problems. If you are considering filing a personal injury claim, you are encouraged to obtain legal advice from a knowledgable and skilled law office. And Since 1994, The Bouldin Law Firm have worked hard for their clients to ensure they receive the compensation that they deserve.
Do You Have a Case?
The following claims fall under the heading of personal injury*
Please keep in mind that Personal Injury is a broad, evolving area of law. If you do not see your particular claim here, please contact the Bouldin Law Firm in order to receive trusted legal advice about you or a loved ones injuries.:
- Wrongful Death - when a loved one or other party is killed as a result of someone else's negligence, the family of the deceased often has grounds for a wrongful death claim.
- Auto Accidents - auto accidents are the most prevalent cause of personal injury claims. As a driver or passenger in an auto accident, as well as a pedestrian involved in an auto accident, you or your loved one may be entitled to compensation for pain, suffering, and injury caused by the reckless, negligent and careless actions of another.
- Semi Truck Accidents - Trucks and Semi accidents account for a majority of serious and life changing injuries related to automobile accidents. The unique circumstances and laws surrounding truck and semi accidents can cause complicated liability issues that rquire skilled legal advice and action.
- Product Injury - defective products, including drug and medical devices, may cause serious personal
injury to consumers and or patients. To understand your legal rights and the issues about your claim, it is important that your case be thoroughly investigated.
- Motorcycle Accidents - motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries to the operator and any passenger. Because insurance companies often blame the operator for some type of fault, it is important to know your legal rights.
- Burn Cases - burn victims not only must work extremely hard to get their health back, they must also ensure that their rights are protected throughout the long period of time it takes to recover
- Medical Malpractice - a doctor, his or her staff, and the facility in which they work can often be the setting for medical mistakes, thus making them the defendant in a medical malpractice claim. These cases are extremely complex and require a large amount of time and resources to pursue. It is important that a victim of a medical mistake retain experienced legal counsel.
- Brain Injury - due to the loss of congitive functions caused by brain injuries, it is important that the victim and their family not settle their claim with the other party until their case has been thoroughly examined by a highly skilled law firm.
- Slip and Fall Injury - when someone injures himself while on another person's property, the owner of the property can be held liable for their injuries. Slip and fall cases are also known as premises liability.
- Dog Bite and Other Animal Bite Injury - The owners of a dog or other animal that injures another person can often be held liable for any personal injury the victim may sustain. These injuries may also include the psychological trauma that often accompanies dog and other animal attacks.
- Birth Injury - the emotional scars associated with this type of personal injury can be devastating to the victim and their family. Taking the proper steps to ensure that your rights are protected is imperative.
- Prescription Drug Injury - defective prescription drugs, and those with serious side effects, that are the subject of a drug recall can cause serious personal injury to those using them. It is important that you and your family be aware of your rights and the possible recourse that is available to you should you suffer the effects of a prescritpion drug injury.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Covington. Our staff consists of one attorney, a paralegal/law clerk and a secretary. We deal with people in a comfortable environment that ensures individual attention.
Call today 859 581 MIKE (6453) today for a FREE Consultation or to schedule an appointment.
There is absolutely no charge for the initial consultation in a personal injury case.
For your convenience, we accept Visa and MasterCard for any Legal services.
Northern Kentucky Personal Injury Attorney, Michael W. Bouldin, proudly serves Northern Kentucky, including Boone, Kenton and Campbell Counties, Kentucky which includes the Cites of Alexandria, Ft. Thomas, Newport, Independence, Fort Mitchell, Fort Wright, Crestview Hills, Crescent Springs, Erlanger, Lakeside Park, Villa Hills, Edgewood, Florence, Hebron, Burlington, and Covington.
He also serves the residents of Hamilton, Clermont and Warren Counties in Ohio.
859 581 MIKE (6453)
Solo Practitioner since 1994.